“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
– Winston Churchill
Basic services get you by.
Reactive services bring awareness.
Proactive services make dreams reality.
It takes a strong person, and an even stronger leader, to trust in the expertise of others. Ascent offers an expert’s perspective that will effectively help you achieve your goals.
Whether helping you start your business, strategize your next business decision, or being your on-call trusted advisor, you will find our advisory services both effective and invaluable.
Let’s talk about how Ascent can assist you in making dreams reality.
You started your business because you had a dream, right?
All too often, as your business grows, you let the business take precedence over your dreams. Your responsibility as the owners is to not let this happen.
- You are certain about the performance of your business and feel secure about its future.
- You regularly monitor business health and make informed decisions accordingly.
- You are no-longer caught off guard by tough decisions because you have communicated your vision with your team and they now hold themselves accountable for the success of your business.
- You anticipate the future. Heck, it sometimes feels as if you can predict what’s going to happen.
- You are on track to making your dreams a reality because you’ve defined your dream and set milestones to get you there.
Sound too good to be true? It isn’t.
In fact, owners who implement a few very simple initiatives have a 100% better chance in making their dreams reality. These initiatives are:
- Define your dreams and build a timeline to keep focused.
- Stick to a recurring schedule which monitors your business’s financial health.
- Hold yourself, and your team, accountable for achieving your dreams.
Making your dreams a reality is truly that simple!
Ascent’s advisory services have been built around these key initiatives. We are experts in helping you make your dreams a reality. Give us a call so together we can make your dreams a reality.
- Dream Big! Write our your dream
- Build a time-line & set milestones
- Metrics to ensure financial health
- Evaluate metrics per historical info
- Advanced metric tracking
- Identify saving opportunities
- How-to manage wealth strategies
- Coaching to negotiate with vendors
- Annual financial review
- Accountability meetings
Are our recurring services not a fit for you? Do you just need something to get you started?
Perfect! We offer a few one-time services that will get you on the right track so you can pursue your dreams on your own.
Below are a couple of services most DIY owners purchase and find highly valuable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s face it… We can’t be experts in everything. You probably started your business because you’re an expert in your trade. My guess is you’re not an expert in running a business. So wouldn’t it make sense you hire a business advisor who’s an expert in helping business owners run their business?
These services are highly affordable. For as little as $95/mon we can ensure you’ll get the direction you need to keep your business on track.
Most businesses fail because of a lack of direction and poor communication. Writing out your dreams:
- Helps you articulate your dream
- Sets the stage for holding yourself accountable
- Is the first step in communicating your dream with your team
Plus a lot happens over the life of a business and even in the course of a year. Heck, a lot happens in a week. Your dream is written-out when you’re clear-headed and focused on the future. Generally, we as humans lose sight of our dreams during the daily grind. When this happens we can read our dream and keep us on track. This way when our head is immersed in the day-to-day, we can still, clearly, make dreams reality.
Metrics help you analyze your business health on a recurring basis. They are built based on your dreams and help you monitor business health as you pursue your dream. It is better to use metrics throughout the year and make timely decisions than to analyze the business only at the end of the year when it is too late. For example:
- If you want to sell $120,000 in widgets this year you need to sell $625 in widgets each day of the year (assuming four-day work weeks) which is $10,000 per month. Monitor daily sales, compare actual sales to expectations on the monthly, and if you’re ahead of the target then schedule some time off… You’ve earned it! If below target, not a problem, just buckle down and do some extra marketing on Fridays. You’ve planned to work only four days per week, so you only need to add one day to generate sales and make up the difference. Who doesn’t like planning for weekends?!
- Utilize google analytics and evaluate your conversion rate. How many people visit your site on the daily, weekly, and monthly basis? Of those looky-loos, how many give you a call (referred to as a lead)? Of those that give you a call, how many buy (referred to as a customer)? Develop an understanding for your conversion rate, plan your sales and proposal efforts accordingly, and make modifications to your marketing platforms to improve your conversion rate (essentially costing you less time, effort, and money per lead). More money for less work. Who doesn’t like that?!
Use what we call the ‘envelope’ system. Set-up different bank accounts for different purposes (income, profits, owner compensation, taxes, expenses, etc.). Deposit all money received into the income account. On a regular schedule, transfer money into each of the other bank accounts. Spend money ONLY from the expenses account.
Different sizes and types of businesses need to transfer different percentages to each account. Give us a call and we’ll let you know what percentages are appropriate for you. We’ll do this free of charge because we want you to be financially healthy!
“Zeb is a thorough business advisor. I am grateful for the insights he was able to uncover throughout the advisory process.”
“The team at Ascent has been an asset in streamlining our business accounting. They have been extremely helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend hiring Ascent for your accounting and business consulting needs.”
“Very satisfied. I met with Ascent and in just one meeting we re-strategized my efforts. I’m way more confident as an owner/operator and the future because of Ascent’s insight.”