“In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes”
– Benjamin Franklin
Our most basic services will get you by. Our reactive services will make you more aware. Our proactive services will make dreams reality.
Your business is one tool within life’s financial toolbox.
Did you know your financial statements are an autobiography of your life? Is your autobiography a fairytale or a nightmare?
- Are you confident that your business is supporting your personal financial needs?
Are you monitoring your business’s financial information on a frequent enough basis to identify any costly trends? If so, are you affluent enough to identify the cause and implement targeted change before bigger problems evolve?
Ascent delivers financial reports on a recurring and timely basis so you can monitor your business and make decisions when decisions matter. Be proactive, leverage our tools, understand your profitability, and avoid burdensome surprises.
Your business is as unique as you. It grows, evolves, changes shapes, sizes, and (like children) needs more time, energy, effort, and money as it grows (until it finally hits maturity which, coincidentally, like children, is around 20 years).
However, unlike your children, your business can be predictable. You are the decision maker of your business, and like a parent to your children, you need up-to-date information to make good decisions.
You wouldn’t give your child a credit card without first understanding where they are going with it, would you? So why would you let your business run wild without understanding where it’s going?
Accounting helps you make decisions for your business. Definition: Accounting is the capturing and reporting of historical activity, so business owners can make the best decisions for their business. Accounting has evolved into many different functions (see below) all applicable to business. All businesses need these functions to run smoothly. Different businesses decide to hire each function internally or outsource each function. See our chart below to understand these functions and anticipated costs per business size. Fortunately, you as the business owner, can pick-and-choose which functions to perform internally or outsource. Giving you flexibility to manage your business.
The beauty of making decisions is, for any business function, you can decide whether to complete the function in-house or hire someone else to do it. The headache with making decisions is, for any business function, you can decide whether to complete the function in-house or hire someone else to do it.
Which business size are you?
- # Employees
What are your likely needs?
- Risk Management
- Systems Engineering
- Financial Reporting
- Key Performance
- Est. Internal Cost
- Est. Outsourced Cost
- ~61 days/yr
- ~365 days/yr
- System Monitoring
- Loss Prevention
Frequently Asked Questions
Like legal and banking services, accounting is one of the necessary professional functions of your business. An accountant’s primary functions are to help you structure your business, design systems to efficiently run your business, monitor your business’s performance, and report your income (or lack there-of) to the appropriate agencies.
First and foremost, accountants have dedicated their careers to helping businesses succeed. As the quarterback of your business, wouldn’t you want a competent tailback to help drive the business to a profitable scorecard? Oh wait… Tim Tebow was a quarterback AND running back… Look where that got him.
The simplest answer is licensing. Not all accountants are CPAs.
Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) have been coined the most trusted business advisers. This is because every CPA must demonstrate through the licensing process:
- A minimum 150 credit hour degree with required hours in economics, finance, marketing, and management, etc
- Established work history
- 40+ hours in annual continuing education
- And much more.
- Accounting services range from $100 for a simple tax filing to $300k/year for an internal audit department. We’ve provided a helpful tool above to help you gauge your needs. Of course, the best way to price your need, is to call a few accountants in your area.
- Note, the best accountant for you might be half-way across the nation. In today’s virtual world relationships can be built and information can be exchanged easily, broadening your ability to work with the right professional. We suggest you do some research and find an accountant who specializes in your type of business, industry, age demographic, etc. The most important thing, however, is to hire someone you get along with and trust.
- Give us a call. If we can’t help you, we will help you find the right accountant who will deliver to you the most bang for your buck.
- Of course you can. There’s a lot of information out there to help you learn best practices, build key performance indicators that will improve your business profitability, stay on top of the everchanging tax code, etc. But who has time for that?
- Seriously though, it’s a great idea to have someone as a resource for when you can’t do everything yourself. Hire someone, it doesn’t have to be an accountant, but anyone as a business coach. You’ll find any coach will deliver invaluable insight, and stimulate creative thinking, when running your business.
The world is everchanging and so are the businesses around you. Your competition continues to evolve with the trends and technology unique to your industry. To stay relevant, you must change as well. Do you want to be responsible for staying relevant with your business AND manage the changes in the accounting industry? I didn’t think so.
We utilize select cloud-based tools to help us do our job. We’ll set you up with these systems. Often, we will integrate your sales, recordkeeping, and banking systems with ours, so you don’t have to personally deliver anything. It’s that simple!
Examples of accounting services:
Basic reporting education
Cash flow evaluation
“Very satisfied. Met with Ascent and in just one meeting they helped me re-strategize my vision to become a more successful business. I’m feeling confident about the future because of their advice. “
“Two years ago, team Ascent helped my business go paperless using Quick Books Online, Hubdoc and TSheets. This past year, we were entirely paperless, efficient and on-target.”
Ascent has been professional, respectful, and responds in a timely fashion to all of our needs. It’s a joy and pleasure to work with such a wonderful company, Thank you Ascent Unlimited!