“Accounting is the language of business.”
– Warren Buffett
Basic services get you by.
Reactive services bring awareness.
Proactive services make dreams reality.
Your business is one tool within life’s financial toolbox.
- Are you paying yourself an adequate wage as the owner of your business?
- When was the last time you paid yourself a profit distribution or dividend?
- Is your business turning a healthy profit for its size and industry?
- Are you certain your business expenses aren’t costing you too much?
- Do you confidently head-off problems before bigger problems evolve?
Ascent delivers financial reports and operations insight on a recurring and timely basis so you can make decisions when decisions matter most.
Be proactive, leverage our tools, understand your business’s financial health, avoid burdensome surprises, and grow appropriately.
Your business is like a child. It grows, evolves, changes shape, and needs more time, energy, and money until it finally hits maturity.
Unlike your children, your business is predictable. Well, it is predictable with the right insight. You are the decision maker of your business, and like a parent to a child, you need up-to-date information to make good decisions.
You wouldn’t give your child a credit card without first understanding where he is going with it, would you? So why would you let your business run wild without understanding where it’s going?
- Accounting captures and reports historical activity so you, the business owner, can make the best decisions for your business.
- Accountants have the skillset to help you build an eco-system that will make you more profitable.
- Accountants want to help you protect your largest investment (your business).
- Accounting has evolved into many different functions; all applicable to your business.
See our chart below to understand the various accounting functions.
Which business size are you?
- Typical # of Employees
Your likely needs
To be an informed decision maker
- System Engineering
- Cash Management
- Financial Reporting
- Key Performance Indexes
- Loss Prevention + Risk Management
- Income Taxes
- Expected cost
- Initial Setup + Training
- Profit, Owner Comp, Tax, Opex
- Basic Financial Reports
- Basic Ratios
- Annual Consultations
- Annual Filing + Est Payments
- $125/mo – $1,750/mo
- Debt Structuring
- Trend Analysis
- Integration + Monitoring
- Quarterly Consultations
- Tax Planning
- $1,750/mo – $10k/mo
- Data Analytics
- Market Investments
- Advanced Reporting
- Loss Prevention
- Internal Audit Dept
- Wealth Management
- $10k/mo – $40k/mo+
Ascent specializes in operations management.
Ascent’s mission is to help business owners achieve dreams. As accountants, we have the skillset to help you do just that. Or primary focuses include:
- Understanding your vision and then making sure your business is on track to make it a reality.
- Timely delivery of information so you can make now decisions.
- Helping you maneuver the many complexities of owning a business.
- Helping you get the best return out of every dollar spent on your business.
- Helping you build a business that pays more than an adequate wage plus dividends for assuming the risks of owning a business.
That being said. We do not distract our experts with preparing, filing, and planning for income taxes. There are other accountants who have dedicated their lives to helping you navigate the many complexities of tax. We work very closely with other tax professionals who do just that. Leveraging the expertise of others helps you get the most bang for your buck and protects you from unnecessary loss.
As experts in operations management, we will gladly help you:
- Engineer an adequate and appropriate recordkeeping system. See QuickBooks Online Support services.
- Teach you have to read and interpret your business’s financial reports.
- Use KPIs to evaluate the health of your business.
- Cash management strategies to ensure you have enough money to pay profits, health wages, save for taxes, operate, cover debts, and invest in the market.
Below are our accounting services built for your business.
That will make your dreams reality
- Annual financial training
- – Reading your reports
- – How ratios drive business
- – How cash projections work
- Quarterly health report
- – Visually appealing reports
- – Metric tracking
- Cash management
- – What-if scenario planning
- – 12 week cash forecasting
- – Strategies for your biz
Not sure what you need? Not a problem! We’d love to help you adopt accounting measures that will move your business in the right direction. Schedule an appointment to chat about you and your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Like legal and banking services, accounting is one of the necessary professional functions of your business. An accountant’s primary functions are to help you structure your business, design systems to efficiently run your business, monitor your business’s performance, and report your income (or lack there-of) to the appropriate agencies.
First and foremost, accountants have dedicated their careers to helping businesses succeed. As the quarterback of your business, wouldn’t you want a competent tailback to help drive the business to a profitable scorecard? Oh wait… Tim Tebow was a quarterback AND running back… Look where that got him.
The simplest answer is licensing. Not all accountants are CPAs.
Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) have been coined the most trusted business advisers. This is because every CPA must demonstrate through the licensing process:
- A minimum 150 credit hour degree with required hours in economics, finance, marketing, and management, etc
- Established work history
- 40+ hours in annual continuing education
- And much more.
- Accounting services range from $100 for a simple tax filing to $300k/year for an internal audit department. We’ve provided a helpful tool above to help you gauge your needs. Of course, the best way to price your need, is to call a few accountants in your area.
- Note, the best accountant for you might be half-way across the nation. In today’s virtual world relationships can be built and information can be exchanged easily, broadening your ability to work with the right professional. We suggest you do some research and find an accountant who specializes in your type of business, industry, age demographic, etc. The most important thing, however, is to hire someone you get along with and trust.
- Give us a call. If we can’t help you, we will help you find the right accountant who will deliver to you the most bang for your buck.
- Of course you can. There’s a lot of information out there to help you learn best practices, build key performance indicators that will improve your business profitability, stay on top of the everchanging tax code, etc. But who has time for that?
- Seriously though, it’s a great idea to have someone as a resource for when you can’t do everything yourself. Hire someone, it doesn’t have to be an accountant, but anyone as a business coach. You’ll find any coach will deliver invaluable insight, and stimulate creative thinking, when running your business.
The world is everchanging and so are the businesses around you. Your competition continues to evolve with the trends and technology unique to your industry. To stay relevant, you must change as well. Do you want to be responsible for staying relevant with your business AND manage the changes in the accounting industry? I didn’t think so.
We utilize select cloud-based tools to help us do our job. We’ll set you up with these systems. Often, we will integrate your sales, recordkeeping, and banking systems with ours, so you don’t have to personally deliver anything. It’s that simple!
Examples of accounting services:
Financial reporting education
Quarterly health reports
Cash flow forecasting
“Zeb is a thorough business advisor. I am grateful for the insights he was able to uncover throughout the advisory process.”
“The team at Ascent has been an asset in streamlining our business accounting. They have been extremely helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend hiring Ascent for your accounting and business consulting needs.”
“Very satisfied. I met with Ascent and in just one meeting we re-strategized my efforts. I’m way more confident as an owner/operator and the future because of Ascent’s insight.”